HOLIDAY HOURS AND SCHEDULED OFFICE CLOSURES
- Scenic City Family Practice is closed every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
2023 Scheduled Closings
- January 23, 2023
- May 29, 2023
- June 19 – 26, 2023
- July 04, 2023
- July 19 – 26, 2023
- September 04, 2023
- November 22 – 23, 2023
- December 25, 2023 – January 02, 2024
Schedule is subject to change so please check back regularly for updates.
JANUARY 01, 2023 – HEALTH INSURANCE CARDS DUE
We participate in most insurance plans. If you are not insured by a plan we have a contract with or you are insured but do not have a copy of a current card, payment is due in full at time of service. We will bill your insurance company once we receive a copy of your current card, but payment will be your responsibility at time of service. If you have health insurance, we MUST receive front and back copies of your 2023 insurance card(s) prior to your first visit of 2023 or your appointment will be cancelled.
Patients can upload a copy of the front and back of their current health insurance card(s) through the online Patient Portal:
- Log into the Patient Portal (PatientFusion.com) with your username and password.
- Next, click Messages from the drop-down menu and
- Select New Message and
- Type Copy of Health Insurance Card as the Subject, then
- Click the Attachment icon and upload a scanned copy or clear images of the front and back of your health insurance card and click Send (You may send two separate messages to submit front and back of card if necessary).
WHEN CALLING THE OFFICE
- Illness/Problems – We ask that patients not call to discuss an illness or health problem over the phone – Please make an appointment.
- Voice Messages – Do not leave voice messages. We are in the process of upgrading the phone systems and no longer have access to retrieve messages from the messaging center.
- Repetitive Calls – Do not make repetitive calls if you call and are unable to reach a staff member. If it is during our normal business hours, we are currently unable to take your call. If you are calling to schedule a routine appointment with Dr. Walls or to schedule a lab visit, please refer to the patient portal at PatientFusion.com. Patients are also encouraged to use the messaging system via the patient portal at PatientFusion.com for all administrative inquiries and other non-emergent concerns. Please contact your pharmacy and have the pharmacist or staff submit your request electronically for medication refills. DO NOT MAKE repetitive calls as this will only delay our response time for everyone. Please be patient if you are scheduled for a telehealth appointment, as we may be running behind.
- Telehealth Visits – Patients will receive a Square Invoice via text for any remaining balances plus any co-pay and deductible amounts prior to their appointment. Once the invoice is paid, our system will send an invitation to the Virtual Waiting Room at the scheduled appointment time. PATIENTS WILL NOT RECEIVE AN INVITATION TO JOIN THE TELEHEALTH VISIT UNTIL INVOICE IS PAID.
- Prescription Refills & Renewals – Patients needing a prescription renewal for ADHD or pain medications will need an appointment before the prescription is renewed. It is poor planning to wait until you out of a medication or almost out of a medication to attempt to get an appointment. Plan accordingly and request your appointments well in advance.
- Phone, Text, & Email Reminders – You are highly encouraged to read all notifications sent by our automated system to stay up to date on any changes, upcoming events, closings, appointment notifications, etc.
- Cancellation Policy / No Show Fees – There will be a $75.00 fee for all no show appointment. This amount will need to be paid prior to any future appointments. Per our cancellation policy, a no show appointment is defined as any appointment not cancelled 24 hours in advance. This amount is the patient’s responsibility and will not be billed to the insurance policy. If the patient’s insurance policy prohibits the patient being charged fees for violating the cancellation policy, the patient will be discharged from Scenic City Family Practice after TWO INCIDENCES in a calendar year.