Click the following link to access the login page for your patient portal account: Patient Fusion
USING THE PATIENT PORTAL
WHEN TO USE THE PATIENT PORTAL
- Appointments – Scheduling, Cancelling, Rescheduling; Verifying the status, date and time of appointments
- Prescriptions – Verify prescription dates and medications, dosages, instructions, quantities, and number of refills by clicking Medications under the Health Records tab
- Results – Review your lab and imaging results by clicking Labs & Imaging under the Health Records tab
- Messages – Use the messaging feature instead of sending email or mobile text message
- Sending Documents – Use the paperclip icon when sending a message to attach files for your doctor to review (e.g. vaccine records, insurance cards, etc.)
WHEN TO REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
- Symptomatic – Experiencing new, non-urgent symptoms*
- Medication Changes – Requesting to make changes to a medication
- Referrals – Requesting a referral/consultation with a specialist or for imaging and other diagnostic testing
- Prescription Renewals – When you have no refills on file at your pharmacy
WHEN TO SEND A MESSAGE
- Questions – Question regarding a lab result or current medication
- Future Discussions – When you have a topic you wish to discuss at a future visit
MESSAGES SHOULD BE…
- For NON-URGENT issues ONLY*
- Short and to the point (1-3 sentences MAX)
- Sent via the patient portal and not using mobile text messaging, email, or social media platforms
*CALL 911 OR GO TO YOUR NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. DIAL 911 FOR LIFE-THREATENING SITUATIONS. FOR URGENT MATTERS, CALL THE OFFICE TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT.
TELEHEALTH ETIQUETTE & REMINDERS
- Telehealth Visits – Patients will receive a Square Invoice via text for any remaining balances plus any co-pay and deductible amounts prior to their appointment. Once the invoice is paid, our system will send an invitation to the Virtual Waiting Room at the scheduled appointment time. PATIENTS WILL NOT RECEIVE AN INVITATION TO JOIN THE TELEHEALTH VISIT UNTIL INVOICE IS PAID.
- Invitations – When you receive your telehealth invitation to join the waiting room, please DO NOT click the link until it is time for your appointment. To avoid missing your appointment, YOU MUST REMAIN IN THE VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM once you have clicked the link.
- Location – Please be in a safe, secure, quiet, and private location that is well-lit for your appointment.
- Moving Vehicles – Our system will automatically end your visit if the software detects you are in a moving vehicle during your visit. You will need to schedule another appointment if this occurs.
- Be Prepared – Be prepared for your appointment by having your current medication list, a pen, and any notes you would typically take to your in-office appointment near you when your appointment starts. It is poor planning to ask the provider to wait while you go to retrieve your medications, notes, etc.
TELEHEALTH SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Devices – You will need an Apple or Android smartphone or device with a working front-facing camera and audio / microphone. You may test your webcam and microphone in your Settings / Control Panel or by testing a video app like Skype. You may also want to wear a headset or headphones. This will help cut down on technical issues like echoes and feedback.
- Be sure to check your mobile device battery charge to ensure you have plenty of power.
- Plug in your device when in doubt.
- A strong Wi-Fi signal is highly recommended.
- Connection – We recommend using a strong Wi-Fi internet connection for best quality video streaming and communication with your physician/provider. If you do not have access to a strong Wi-Fi signal, you may use cellular data to participate in a Video Chat visit. Please note: cellular data rate charges from your carrier may apply if using cellular data.
PATIENT PAYMENT PORTAL
Click the following link to access the login page for the Patient Payment Portal: PayStatementOnline
We now offer our patients a secure payment portal to conveniently pay balances online. Patients will receive an automated notification from SCENIC CITY FAMILY PRACTICE’s online patient Payment Portal via email from COLLABORATEMD. There is an option for a quick payment and an option to create an account by simply verifying their email address with Payment Portal with a 6 digit verification code provided in the email. This code is only valid for 30 minutes after receipt of the email. If you have received an email and your code has expired, a new code can be generated and emailed by sending a request through the messaging option in the Practice Fusion Patient Portal. Please note the Payment Portal is separate from the Practice Fusion Patient Portal.