Schedule Your First Appointment
A few things to consider when deciding to become a new patient at Scenic City Family Practice:
- We are a completely electronic practice for the majority of non-urgent/emergent patient updates and requests.
- Outside of your visits with the provider, we ask that patients use the patient portal as the primary method for communication, scheduling/rescheduling/canceling appointments, requesting and submitting documents.
- We ask that patients setup a patient portal with their pharmacy and set all routine medications on automatic refill. We do not take requests for prescription refills or renewals over the telephone.
New Patient Process
Effective September 01, 2013: Due to the high demand for new patient appointments, we have streamlined our process for establishing new patients.
- First, new patients are scheduled are telehealth appointment to review your health history and discuss any current issues or concerns.
- Second, a member of our team will contact you to schedule you to scheduled you for two additional appointments that will occur after your initial telehealth appointment with our provider, a lab appointment with our nurse and an in-office follow-up appointment with our provider. We collect labs in the office on Wednesday mornings, however, we can also accommodate your availability by sending your lab orders to a free-standing local lab center or mobile lab service.
- It is virtually impossible for us to have knowledge of what services each insurance plan covers. Knowing your insurance benefits is your responsibility. Any questions you may have regarding those benefits or dispute of any services not covered should be directed to your insurance company.
Once You Are Scheduled
New Patient Registration and Health History Form: Once you are scheduled for your New Patient Appointment, we will send you an email with your appointment information and a link to complete the electronic New Patient Registration and Health History form. This process requires you to create an account with our secure patient portal platform (PatientFusion.com). Please make note of your log in information during this process, as we do not have access to it. If you are unable to complete the electronic form in one sitting due to the extent of the information being requested, you can save your progress and return at a later time. The form MUST be completed and submitted within 72 hours or your appointments will be CANCELLED.
ID & Insurance Cards: Once we reviewed your completed electronic New Patient Registration and Health History form, you will receive a secure text message from Scenic City Family Practice requesting front and back photos of your ID and health insurance cards. This secure message link expires after 24 hours, so please respond to this request within promptly.
Access Your Portals: In addition to our patient portal, we request that every patient have access to their health insurance member and pharmacy portals.
- SCFP Patient Portal: Return to PatientFusion.com and click “Log in” in the upper right corner of the screen. The Log in page will display two options, “Log In” and “Sign Up,” select the “Log in” tab, but DO NOT log in. SAVE the log in page to your favorites or add it to the home screen on your device under the name “SCFPTN Portal” for quick access in the future.
- Health Insurance Member Portal: It is virtually impossible for us to have knowledge of what services each insurance plan covers. Knowing your insurance benefits is your responsibility. This important information can help you make better health care decisions. Your online health insurance member portal provides lets you quickly access your information anywhere you have internet access. Once you have created access to your member portal, we recommend that you also save the log in page to your favorites or device home screen.
- Pharmacy Portal: Create your pharmacy portal account so that you can manage your prescription needs in one place without having to call your pharmacy staff or provider, including setting up auto refills and reminders, checking prices and the number of remaining refills, etc.
Schedule Your First Appointment
To request a New Patient Appointment, visit our scheduling page at Christopher B. Walls at Patient Fusion to request a new patient appointment.