TELEHEALTH ETIQUETTE & REMINDERS
- Telehealth Visits – Patients will receive a Square Invoice via text for any remaining balances plus any co-pay and deductible amounts prior to their appointment. Once the invoice is paid, our system will send an invitation to the Virtual Waiting Room at the scheduled appointment time. PATIENTS WILL NOT RECEIVE AN INVITATION TO JOIN THE TELEHEALTH VISIT UNTIL INVOICE IS PAID.
- Invitations – When you receive your telehealth invitation to join the waiting room, please DO NOT click the link until it is time for your appointment. To avoid missing your appointment, YOU MUST REMAIN IN THE VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM once you have clicked the link.
- Location – Please be in a safe, secure, quiet, and private location that is well-lit for your appointment.
- Moving Vehicles – Our system will automatically end your visit if the software detects you are in a moving vehicle during your visit. You will need to schedule another appointment if this occurs.
- Be Prepared – Be prepared for your appointment by having your current medication list, a pen, and any notes you would typically take to your in-office appointment near you when your appointment starts. It is poor planning to ask the provider to wait while you go to retrieve your medications, notes, etc.
- Late Arrival – If you arrive more than 5 minutes for your telehealth appointment, you may be rescheduled in order to meet the needs of those who are on time.
TELEHEALTH SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Devices – You will need an Apple or Android smartphone or device with a working front-facing camera and audio / microphone. You may test your webcam and microphone in your Settings / Control Panel or by testing a video app like Skype. You may also want to wear a headset or headphones. This will help cut down on technical issues like echoes and feedback.
- Be sure to check your mobile device battery charge to ensure you have plenty of power.
- Plug in your device when in doubt.
- A strong Wi-Fi signal is highly recommended.
- Connection – We recommend using a strong Wi-Fi internet connection for best quality video streaming and communication with your physician/provider. If you do not have access to a strong Wi-Fi signal, you may use cellular data to participate in a Video Chat visit. Please note: cellular data rate charges from your carrier may apply if using cellular data.